On March 29, we made some difficult announcements related to our people and our workplaces:
- We eliminated about 815 CoverMyMeds roles across all of our locations. The decision to eliminate roles and impact people’s lives is never an easy one. Our commitment is to do everything we can to support our teammates through this transition with care and respect.
Impact to Columbus-Based Employees
- Columbus, Ohio remains an important location for CoverMyMeds, and it’s where we’ll strategically hire and grow the business.
- Of our approximately 1,800 employees in Columbus, less than 200 were impacted by a role elimination.
- Our Patient Support Center will move its primary location to Columbus. Patient Support Center employees from our Scottsdale, AZ office who are not impacted by a role elimination will have the opportunity to voluntarily move to Columbus with relocation support from CoverMyMeds or work from home. Additionally, Patient Support Center employees from our Louisville, KY office who are not impacted by a role elimination will have the choice to continue with Louisville as their office location and work from home when they choose, or voluntarily move to Columbus with relocation support from CoverMyMeds.
- We are also committed to continuing our support for many incredible nonprofit organizations across Columbus through funding efforts, board service and volunteer work, in addition to our continued support for Columbus City Schools and Columbus’ Franklinton and Hilltop neighborhoods to help advance their specific initiatives. We’ll continue to use our platform to help support the needs of our shared community.
CoverMyMeds continues to be a growth segment for McKesson and any changes that we make are reflective of our ongoing investment in our growth objectives. We are focused on positioning the business for sustainable, long-term growth to deliver on our commitments to customers, the patients counting on us, and to our teams.